Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Talk

I spent the weekend in SF, seeing old friends and enjoying the great weather. I even made time for a 2 hour bike ride with my friend Eric Davis. It was exhausting (several hills that took over 15 minutes to climb!) Needless to say I needed a nap later in the day...

A number of my friends have kids now, and it was highly amusing to hear some of the unique phrases. One doesn't say yes, but instead "sure" to everything. "What to go to see trains?"-- "Sure" (it sort of takes away the ability to see if the kid is excited. We figured it out in the end though...)

The other good one was the little girl who had mixed up "I" and "You" if you think about it, parents will always say "I" about themselves and "You" to the child. So I hear in the morning "I am pouring milk on the cereal" from this little one. My foggy mind in the morning pieces it together. "Oh, you mean..."

No comments:

Post a Comment